When you hear someone talk about living a "healthy lifestyle," you typically think of eating a well-balanced diet rich in lean protein, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats alongside a steady dose of exercise.
And, while diet and exercise are two fundamental pillars of living a fit life, they're not the only two things you need.
You also need to limit/reduce stress in your day-to-day life, but you need to sleep most importantly.
Sleep is perhaps the single most overlooked aspect of health, yet it's the one that has the most impact. Sleep isn't only needed for the very young and the very old; it's a requirement of every person of every age.
Sleep deprivation impacts energy and alertness and cognitive function, memory, recovery from exercise, and performance. If you're looking to build muscle or lose fat, let's be honest, who doesn't want to do those two things — sleep is paramount as skipping on sleep reduces muscle growth and promotes fat storage!
Suffice it to say that the old saying, "I'll sleep when I'm dead," needs to be removed from our vernacular.
Despite knowing the importance of sleep, you still might struggle to doze off at night from a combination of an overactive mind, stress, and exposure to blue light.
To help you drift off to sleep, support your health, longevity, and fitness goals, we've has developed Steel Dreams®.
• What It Is: An all-natural, non-habit forming, sleep, and recovery aid.*
• What It Does: Steel Dreams® is scientifically formulated to help reduce stress, calm a hyperactive nervous system, and improve sleep quality and duration.*
• Why is Steel Dreams® Better: A common complaint with many sleep aids and nighttime recovery supplements is that users often never fully “wake up” the following morning, fighting a never-ending “haze” or brain fog that never lifts.
Steel Dreams® contains only all-natural, non-habit-forming ingredients that gently soothe you to sleep without leaving you groggy or “hungover” in the morning.*
• Ashwagandha Root Standardized Extract (Withania Somnifera) (5% withanolides) (KSM-66®): Ashwagandha, also known as Withania Somnifera or Indian Ginseng, is a powerful adaptogen that promotes balance in the body. KSM-66® Ashwagandha is the highest-quality ashwagandha extract on the world market today and has been clinically proven to reduce stress, improve memory and cognition, improve sexual performance, enhance sports performance and control weight management.*
• L-Theanine: Found prevalently in tea leaves, L-Theanine is a powerful amino acid that supports brain and heart health, but it's most commonly used to improve mood and reduce stress. L-Theanine also enhances alpha brain wave activity, supporting mental relaxation, concentration, and deep REM sleep.*
Research has shown that L-Theanine increases the levels, as well as the effectiveness, of GABA, the body's primary "downer" neurotransmitter.*
• Valerian Root Powder (Valeriana Officinalis): The most commonly used herb to induce sleep in both the United States and Europe. Numerous studies and meta-analyses have noted the slumber-inducing botanical to be an effective option for those looking to improve sleep and insomnia without experiencing any adverse side effects.*
One of the primary components within Valerian is a compound called valerenic acid, which has been noted to increases brain levels of GABA, slowing down nerve activity in the brain and generating a calming effect.*
• Chamomile Powder (Matricaria Chamomilla) (Flower): One of the oldest medicinal herbs in human history, Chamomile is one of the most popular nighttime teas individuals brew looking to relax, unwind, and get ready for a restorative night's sleep.*
The flowers of chamomile are rich in terpenoids and flavonoids. It's believed these phytochemicals are the driving force behind the use of chamomile in the treatment of numerous ailments, including everything from muscle spasms to insomnia and even rheumatic pain.*
One of the more prominent flavonoids within chamomile is apigenin, which has been noted to exert mild sedative effects due to its affinity for the benzodiazepine receptors. As a result of this binding, chamomile exerts a mild depressive effect, soothing a hyperactive CNS, allowing you to unwind in the evening and set the stage for a "productive" night's rest.*
• Lemon Balm Extract (Melissa Officinalis) (Leaf): A lemon-scented herb renowned for its calming and anti-inflammatory properties. Lemon balm is rich in many triterpenes, phenolics, and other volatile compounds shown to increases GABA levels in the brain through its inhibition of GABA transaminase — the enzyme that degrades GABA.*
Research using lemon balm alone or in combination with valerian (also present in Steel Dreams®) notes improved sleep quality in patients who have insomnia. Researchers attributed this enhanced quality of sleep to increased levels of GABA, which promotes calmness and relaxation.*
• Rutaecarpine: Extracted from the Chinese herb Evodia rutaecarpa, rutaecarpine is an alkaloid noted for its vasorelaxant effect and its ability to increase the body's metabolism of caffeine. Rutaecarpine enhances the speed with which your body processes and excretes caffeine, which is important if you're one of those people who consume caffeine late in the day and have trouble getting to sleep at night.*
• 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) (Griffonia Simplicifolia) (Seed): A metabolite of L-Tryptophan (an essential amino acid, as well as the direct precursor to serotonin — a neurotransmitter/hormone that plays a critical role in mood as well as sleep. However, unlike serotonin, which cannot cross the blood-brain barrier, 5-HTP readily crosses it and readily converts to serotonin.*
In addition to its mood-boosting effects, 5-HTP, combined with GABA-promoting agents (like the ones found in Steel Dreams®), has been noted to reduce sleep latency (the time required to fall asleep) along with improvements in sleep duration and quality.*
• Passion Flower Extract (Passiflora Incarnata) (Whole Plant): A botanical for improving sleep and relieving stress. Found throughout North America, Native Americans have long used the flower for its anxiolytic and sedative effects.*
Passionflower is loaded with bioactive compounds, including various flavonoids, indole alkaloids, and maltol. Among these compounds is chrysin, a flavonoid documented to bind to benzodiazepine receptors and act as an agonist for GABA activity. These actions are that passionflower has an inhibitory effect on the brain, promoting relaxation and alleviating stress. Research using passionflower tea noted it improved subjective measures of sleep quality in adults.*
• Venetron® (Rafuma Extract) (Apocynum Venetum L.) (Leaf): Derived from Apocynum venetum L., a shrub of the dogbane family found extensively across China, Venetron® is a powerful standardized extract of the plant containing high levels of bioactive flavonoids, including hyperoside, isoquercitrin, malonyl hyperoside, and quercitrin.
Apocynum venetum has long been used in traditional Chinese medicine as an anxiolytic. One of the flavonoids present in Venetron®, kaempferol, is an important anxiety-reducing compound.* Human trials using this new age stress/anxiety relief agent note its safety and efficacy for improving symptoms of insomnia, anxiety, and depression.*
• Melatonin: A hormone naturally produced by the pineal gland plays a critical role in our circadian rhythm, regulating our sleep-wake cycles.*
Secretion of melatonin is low during daylight, slowly increasing after sunset, with peak levels generally occurring between 11 PM and 3 AM. However, melatonin production is stunted by exposure to light, mainly blue light — the same kind of light emitted from your tablet, smartphone, laptop, and tv. The longer you expose yourself to blue light, the more you reduce melatonin secretion, and the more difficulty you have sleeping.
Supplementing with melatonin is a safe, all-natural, and non-habit forming method for enhancing melatonin production in the body, thereby ushering you off to a deep, restorative night's rest.*
• Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate and Calcium Citrate): A mineral that is necessary for life. In addition to building bones and keeping them healthy, calcium enables our blood to clot, our muscles to contract, and our heartbeat.*
Calcium works together with magnesium (also present in Steel Dreams®) to relax muscles and calm nerves, helping you fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly.*
• Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate): A cofactor in more than 300 enzyme systems that regulate diverse biochemical reactions in the body, including protein synthesis, muscle and nerve function, blood glucose control, and blood pressure regulation.*
One of the main symptoms of insomnia happens to be magnesium deficiency, which is incredibly common in physically active individuals. Research notes that supplementing with magnesium improves insomnia.*
As a dietary supplement, start by assessing your tolerance with two (2) capsules of Steel Dreams® 30 minutes before sleep. After individual tolerance is determined, take one serving (3 capsules) 30 minutes before sleep.
• Size: 90 Capsules, 1 Month Supply
• Other Ingredients: Silicon Dioxide, Gelatin, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #3, Amaranth, Carmine.
• CONTAINS: MILK.
• Warning: Do not use if safety seal is damaged or missing. This product is only intended for healthy adults, 18 years of age or older. Do not use this product if you are pregnant or nursing. Check with your doctor before using this product, especially if you have existing medical conditions. This product contains potent relaxation compounds intended to promote deep sleep. Do not ingest if unable to get a typical full nights rest. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this product. Do not use in conjunction with alcohol, prescription or over the counter medication. Discontinue 2 weeks before surgery. Immediately discontinue use and contact a medical doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to this product. Do not exceed recommended daily intake. Store in a cool, dry place, tightly closed and under 76 Degrees Fahrenheit. Do not expose to excessive heat or moisture. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
• California Prop 65 Warning: Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.
• Allergen Warning: Produced on equipment that also processes dairy, soy, peanuts, or other tree nuts.