When it’s time to get lean and cut, you know that means two things — cutting calories and adding in cardio, the bane of every fitness enthusiasts existence. Sure, you might not might the occasional hill sprint or high-intensity interval training workout, but the thought of spending 30-60 minutes jogging or slogging it out on the elliptical is enough to make you weep.
As if that’s not enough of a headache, you’re tasked with another vital decision — what kind of supplement do you take for your cardio workouts?
Typical pre-workouts are loaded with many stimulants and nitric oxide boosters but don’t really do much to enhance endurance or fat burning. They’re mostly designed for the weightlifter, not the cardio enthusiast. On the flip side, fat burners really don’t fit the bill for a pre-cardio supplement as they frequently contain way too many stimulants that accelerate heart rate, making it difficult to sustain your pace. Plus, they don’t have much to offer aside from reduced appetite and don’t do a whole heck of a lot for improving stamina.
This leaves you in a bit of a bind. You know you need something to help you push the envelope in your cardio sessions and sweat out those unwanted pounds, but everywhere you look, you’re still left unfulfilled.
Where can you find a pre-workout supplement that helps burn fat and improve cardio performance?
Should you stack a fat burner and a pre-workout?
No, that’s not recommended.
Fortunately, your search for the best thermogenic pre-workout cardio supplement has ended. No longer do you have to choose between a fat burner or pre-workout with Steel Sweat®.
• What It Is: Steel Sweat® allows you to increase aerobic exercise (“cardio”) performance while protecting the body against oxidative stress and aiding in recovery.* Steel Sweat’s easy-to-mix powder provides delicious flavor in every scoop to increase sweat and feelings of perceived exertion.*
• What It Does: Steel Sweat® contains potent ingredients known to increase thermogenesis, boost metabolism, optimize energy expenditure, and increase fat oxidation and perspiration.*
• Why is Steel Sweat® Better: Steel Sweat® attacks weight loss from multiple angles by synergistically pairing research-backed compounds that increase fat mobilization, fat oxidation, and energy expenditure.
Unlike other so-called fat burners, Steel Sweat® doesn’t rely on a bevy of stimulants that trick you into thinking it’s working by making you feel jittery or hyper. Steel Sweat® is light on the stimulants, proving just enough to arouse your senses and enhance energy, motivation, and mood.
Best of all, Steel Sweat® is easy to mix, tastes delicious, and is calorie-free, sugar-free, and carbohydrate-free.
• L-Carnitine Tartrate: L-Carnitine is an essential, non-toxic, natural nutrient that helps burn fat for fuel. This form of carnitine is known for having excellent bioavailability and provides cellular energy and recovery from exercise. L-Carnitine Tartrate absorbs more rapidly than L-Carnitine when taken orally, making it useful for time-critical situations like before cardio activity.
• Evodiamine Fruit Extract (Evodia Rutaecarpa): Used in traditional Chinese medicine as a warming technique, Evodiamine mimics the characteristic anti-obese effects induced by capsaicin. Evodiamine may induce heat loss and heat production at the same time and dissipate food energy, preventing the accumulation of perivisceral fat and the bodyweight increase.*
• Caffeine Anhydrous: One of the most commonly used stimulants among athletes. It provides the central nervous system's stimulation to support alertness and energy during a workout and can support strength for some during resistance exercise. An increase in wakefulness, focus, and better body coordination can increase cardiovascular and anaerobic exercise performance.*
• Gamma-Butyrobetaine Hydrochloride (GBBGO®): A precursor to L-Carnitine, GBBGO® may naturally increase the production of L-Carnitine by your body. Increasing natural L-Carnitine aids in fat burning and has the potential to enhance exercise performance and recovery!*
• Grains of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine®): A spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen.*
• Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis) (80% Catechins & 50% EGCG): Green Tea contains a combination of vitamins, minerals, and caffeine. Most of Green Tea’s health benefits can be attributed to active ingredients known as polyphenols and catechins – plant compounds with strong antioxidant activity. The most potent of these polyphenols is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)—the compound most responsible for green tea’s reputation as a fat burner. Green Tea has been shown to improve metabolic rate and increase the body’s heat production and fat oxidation.*
• Alpha Lipoic Acid: Known as The Universal Antioxidant, enhances mitochondrial function with a strong antioxidant effect, supporting the functions of L-Carnitine and promoting muscle cell nutrient intake and protein turnover. Alpha Lipoic Acid also helps shift glucose into muscles and away from fat cells, increasing energy and reducing stored fat.*
• Capros® Indian Gooseberry Fruit Extract (Phyllanthus Emblica) (standardized to minimum 60% tannins): Capros® is a super antioxidant (ORACFN of 47,000 µmoles TE/g) and an excellent cardiovascular support product, which is all-natural, derived from the edible fruits of Phyllanthus emblica, organic and non‐GMO. Capros® has been shown to promote endothelial function, thereby supporting healthy arteries and blood vessels.*
• Ginger Root Extract (Zingiber Officinale Roscoe): Ginger is a root herb from the tropical plant Zingiber Officinale. Known for its sharp scent, it has long been an important culinary spice in Asian cuisine and herbal medicine. Ginger seems to influence body weight and composition by boosting the body’s thermogenesis and energy expenditure, increasing the breakdown of fat in adipose tissue, and reducing dietary fat absorption in the intestine.*
• Dihydrocapsiate (from Sweet Peppers) (CapsiAtra®): A compound found in CH-19 Sweet Peppers that activates the sympathetic nervous system via receptors in the GI Tract to Increase Resting Energy Expenditure (REE) and Increase Fat Oxidation (Lipolysis).*
• Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid): A water-soluble vitamin and powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C helps the body form and maintain connective tissue, including bones, blood vessels, and skin, while also supporting carnitine synthesis.*
• Niacin (Vitamin B3): Like other B vitamins, Niacin helps the body break down carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy. Vitamin B3 is a water-soluble vitamin important for lipid metabolism and gives a warming effect to the skin.*
• Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride): Vitamin B6 is necessary for proper nerve function and metabolizing nutrients. It also helps to support carnitine synthesis and mitochondrial function.*
• Dipotassium Phosphate: A highly water-soluble salt that acts as a potassium source to replenish what is lost from sweating.*
• Sodium (as Sodium Chloride): Regulates muscle contraction and nerve function while acting as a sodium and chloride source to replenish what is lost from sweating.*
As a dietary supplement, mix one serving (one level scoop) of Steel Sweat® with 6-8 fl. oz. of cold water (adjust for taste preferences). Stir or shake well and consume 15-30 minutes before cardio or weight training.
To further enhance your performance while training, it is recommended to drink plenty of water and/or a performance beverage such as Steel Fuel® to stay hydrated.
Do not consume Steel Sweat® within 4 hours before bedtime. Some individuals may experience a harmless warming sensation in their throat after consuming the product, which is attributed to the Grains of Paradise.
• Size: 5.29 oz (150 g), 30 Servings
• Atomic Green Apple Other Ingredients: Malic Acid, Cluster Dextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Silica, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Sour Apple Green Lake, FD&C Green Apple Shade Color.
• Blazin' Cherry Lemonade Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Cluster Dextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Silica, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Red #40 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Red #40.
• Lava Lemon Lime Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Cluster Dextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Anti-Caking Powder (Silica), Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #5 Aluminum Lake.
• Pipin' Pink Grapefruit Other Ingredients: Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Cluster Dextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Anti-Caking Powder (Silica), Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Red #40 Aluminum Lake.
• Spicy Strawberry Mango Other Ingredients: Malic Acid, Cluster Dextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Silica, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Yellow #6 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow #6.
• Warning: Do not use if safety seal is damaged or missing. Do not dry shoot this product. This product is only intended for healthy adults, 18 years of age or older. Do not use this product if you are pregnant or nursing. Before using this product, consult a licensed, qualified, healthcare professional, if you are taking including but not limited to antidepressants such as MAOI (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor) or SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor), blood thinners, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, pseudoephedrine, any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, over-the-counter medication or if you suspect you have or have been treated for, diagnosed with or have a family history of, any medical condition, including but not limited to high or low blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma, anxiety, cardiovascular, psychiatric or seizure disorders, cardiac arrhythmia, stroke, heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease, or difficulty urinating due to prostate enlargement. The Institute of Medicine recommends a daily water intake of 3 liters or more for active individuals. Sweating increases this recommendation. Consuming inadequate amounts of water increases the risk of dehydration, kidney stones, poorer cognitive and physical performance, dangerous cramping and electrolyte imbalances. This product contains caffeine and should not be used by individuals wishing to eliminate caffeine from their diet nor it should be used in combination with caffeine or stimulants from other sources including but not limited to, coffee, tea, soda, or other dietary supplements and medications. Discontinue 2 weeks prior to surgery. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. Store in a cool, dry place, tightly closed and under 76 Degrees Fahrenheit. Do not expose to excessive heat or moisture. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
• Allergen Warning: Produced on equipment that also processes dairy, soy, peanuts, or other tree nuts.
• Note: This product is sold by weight, not volume. Some settling of powder may occur during shipping and handling, which may affect the density of powder. This product contains the servings indicated when measured exactly by weight.